Equal Opportunity/Civil Rights
WorkForce West Virginia administers a number of federal programs and services designed to assist individuals in seeking employment and to help employers acquire talent. WorkForce West Virginia strives to ensure that equitable services are provided in regard to non-discrimination and equal opportunity regulations mandated by state and federal laws as follows:
Section 188 of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (WIOA) which prohibits discrimination against all individuals in the United States on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, and against beneficiaries on the basis of either citizenship/status as a lawfully admitted immigrant authorized to work in the United States or participation in any WIA Title I financially assisted program or activity;
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin;
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, as amended, which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities;
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, which prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities;
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of age; and
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs.
WorkForce West Virginia is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all state and federal nondiscrimination laws in the administration of its programs and in all aspects of employment. The agency makes a continual good faith effort to make all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, firing, promotions, demotions, discipline, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other factor which cannot be lawfully used as a basis for employment decisions.