WorkForce West Virginia Privacy Notice Summary
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
- We need certain personal and non-personal information to assist you with your employment, unemployment and training needs.
- The Personally Identifiable Information (PII) we collect may include your name, address, social security number, date of birth and more.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- By West Virginia law and the Privacy Act of 1974, we must collect certain PII to assist you. Without certain PII, we may not be able to determine the services for which you are eligible, such as Unemployment Insurance benefits.
- The information we collect may be combined with information obtained from other Executive Branch Departments’ websites and services.
- We use personal information for purposes that relate to the reason you provide it. If information is used for another purpose, we will obtain your permission.
ENTITIES DISCLOSED TO
- For purposes matching the reason you provided, we may share your information with other state and federal agencies for the limited purpose of data processing or storage.
- In certain cases, we may share your information when required by state or federal law.
- Your information may be shared with others we have hired to assist us; however, all staff and contractors are bound by a West Virginia Executive Branch Confidentiality Agreement.
- We do not sell or rent your PII to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We may share non-personal, aggregated, or de-identified data for purposes related to improving our business practices.
WHERE MAINTAINED AND PROPERLY SECURED
- WorkForce West Virginia computer systems are constructed and maintained by WorkForce West Virginia agency staff, the West Virginia Office of Technology, and/or WorkForce West Virginia and state approved contractors.
- Regardless of the system or personnel responsible for it, multiple techniques and technologies are used to protect your PII. This means we use industry standards and several in-house safeguards to protect your information.
REVIEWING AND CORRECTING YOUR RECORD
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- You have the right to review the personal information you provide us and to update or correct that information.
- If you have consented to an electronic exchange of information, you may cancel that consent by following the instructions in the email you receive.
- If you provide any information to any of our agency websites, you may choose to remove it at any time, except where such information is required by state or federal regulation.
HOW TO CONTACT US
- For more information on our privacy requirements and practices, please call 800-252-5627 and your call will be directed to the WorkForce West Virginia Privacy Officer for response.