WorkForce West Virginia provides companies with unemployment processing assistance. Employers can register businesses, file quarterly wage reports, make contributions and delinquent payments, and register for electronic submission of separation information.
See Employer Handbook and find answers to your questions.
Online employer services
WorkForce West Virginia provides West Virginia employers with access to an online unemployment compensation employer contribution system. Not familiar with this service? Sign-up today.
The Unemployment Compensation Employer System allows employers to:
- File wage reports and pay unemployment compensation contributions online with ACH debit. Third Party Administrators can file electronically and pay through ACH credit.
For ACH credit information, please contact:
- Pay delinquent contributions online with ACH debit.
- Register for the State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES). SIDES is a new web based system that allows electronic transmission of unemployment compensation information requests from unemployment agencies to multi-state employers and/or third party administrators, as well as transmission of replies containing requested information back to the agencies.
- Users with ACH debit blocks need to contact their financial institution to inform them of a new company identification number: 1556000814. Payments will appear on your bank statements as WV Treasury
- You will need your Account Number and FEIN to file online.
- When entering your account number, you do not have to enter the zeroes when logging in. Do not enter dashes. If you enter the dashes, you will receive a message that your number is not found.
- FEIN: This is your federal employer identification number. When entering this number, also do not enter dashes.
Here are some useful tips to help you with your resume.
- A resume should be kept to one page, two at the most.
- Your resume should be a reflection of your skills, ability, education and work history.
- Make sure the employer can see within the top 1/3 of the page that you have the specific skills and qualifications required for the position.
- Employers are interested in your accomplishments – describe what you have accomplished throughout your career or in previous jobs.
- List relevant contact information so they employer will know how to reach you with questions and to set up an interview.
- Use an appropriate email address, even if you have to create new account.
- Always be honest. Lying on your resume could have serious consequences and result in termination, if hired for the position under false pretenses.
- Always check grammar, spelling and capitalization. Ask one or two people you trust to review your resume and recommend changes.
For detailed instructions on how to register:
To expedite the registration process, all forms should be completed and signed. Completed forms should be submitted by fax or email
Employer compliance letters
State law mandates employers must be in compliance with the Unemployment Compensation provisions before other government agencies can issue or re- new most licenses or permits. Examples include contractor’s licenses, business registration certificates, liquor and lottery retail sales licenses, and timbering permits.
To receive a certificate of good standing, you must be registered with Unemployment Compensation, and your account must be in good standing. All reports previously due must have been filed, and all monies due based on those reports, including any interest and/or penalties assessed for paying the taxes late, must have been paid.
To receive a Compliance Letter, contact the Compliance and Enforcement Unit by phone between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or by email.
Download a copy of the Unemployment Compliance Benefits Poster which provides information on weekly benefit rates based on wages. The poster is 8 and 1/2 inches by 14 inches landscape orientation.
This program will produce the Unemployment Compensation Wage Report as either a printed report or an acceptable diskette.
This program will NOT create the Unemployment Compensation Contribution Report
Instructions & Troubleshooting
Downloading the Wage Reporter Program from the Internet
Install the Bar Code Font
Wage Reporter Program Manual
Download the Bar Code Font
Employer violators list
For more information, please visit
For more information, please visit
- Salutation – Address the letter to a specific person. Try to refrain from using Dear Sir/Madam or To whom it may concern.
- Introduction – Begin the letter by telling the employer what position you are applying for and how you heard about the opening.
- Body – The body of the letter should tell the employer why you are a good fit for the position. Give examples of your talents, but do not repeat your resume.
- Closing – In closing, request an interview and your willingness to answer any additional questions the employer may have.
- Signature – Sign the letter boldly with blue ink to show the employer the letter isn’t a photocopy.