Announcements and Events
Aircraft Structures Training Program is a successful 8-week class to prepare individuals for a new career in airframe repair and assembly, in collaboration with local aerospace companies actively hiring entry-level workers.
For assistance, you may contact one of our local offices
South Western West Virginia Region II Workforce Development Board Request for Proposal (RFP) for a Comprehensive Out-of-School Youth Program.
Request for Proposal (RFP) for South Western West Virginia Region II Workforce Invest Board, Inc. One Stop Operator.
Request for Proposal (RFP) for Region VI Workforce Development Board One Stop Operator.
Request for Proposal (RFP) for Region I Workforce Development Board One Stop Operator.
Northern Panhandle Workforce Development Board Request for Proposal (RFP) for One-Stop Operator.
Request for Proposal (RFP) for Northern Panhandle Workforce Development Board, Inc. On-the-Job Training Program.
Governor Tomblin, Congressional Delegation Announce $3.5 million Grant to Help Workers Following Flooding
Federal dollars to support 250 temporary jobs for flood clean-up
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin, U.S. Senators Joe Manchin and Shelley Moore Capito, and Congressmen Evan Jenkins and Alex X. Mooney today announced that West Virginia has secured a $3.5 million grant from the U.S. Department of Labor to offer 250 temporary jobs for flood disaster clean-up activities in the 12 counties under the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster declaration. Read more.
Help for Coal Miners
We can help if you’ve been laid off from the mines. There’s federal money for classes and training for you, your spouse and children. Even your gas and child care is covered! Read more.
WorkForce West Virginia Local Offices
We are here to help. Please search below to find an office near you or call 1-800-252-JOBS (5627)
For website inquiries, information or questions:
Claimants call UC Benefits & Technical Support – 304-558-3309
Employers call UC Contribution 304-558-2674
ES Planning, Evaluation and Support
Your Road to Success Starts Here
WorkForce West Virginia is the state’s one-stop resource center for workforce development. Our state and local offices are designed to serve not only those looking for work, but also help our business and industry partners find and hire skilled employees ready for the job.
In West Virginia, we value all of our business partners from local start-ups to global companies and understand that every business has unique and specialized needs. Our team stands ready to help your business throughout every stage of the employment process.
- Database of job seekers. WorkForce West Virginia provides employers with access to the state’s largest online database of potential job candidates.Through this portal, employers can also post active job listings and receive applications.
- Employee training. West Virginia companies have access to a number of program options to ensure employees have proper education and training. The team at WorkForce West Virginia can help your company determine the best program, locate viable candidates and even arrange on-the-job training for employees.
Hiring is now more affordable thanks to Let’s Train WV, a federally administrated grant program that allows businesses in West Virginia to train new hires and get reimbursed for wages up to $10,000 per eligible participant. To see if your business is eligible, simply take this quiz and learn more information.
- Labor market data. Our dedicated research time can provide your business with current, comprehensive and segmented labor market information.
- Business services. WorkForce West Virginia can help connect you with business services in your local community to meet address a variety of immediate and long-term company needs.
- Unemployment assistance. WorkForce West Virginia also provides companies with assistance unemployment processing assistance.
At WorkForce West Virginia, our goal is to strengthen West Virginia’s business climate by supporting our state’s strong business partners and helping job seekers find employment, maintain stable jobs and advance in their careers. Please let us know how we can help your business achieve success.