Online Employer Services


Online Employer Filing and SIDES Registration Instructions

Please read this notice for important updates to online services.

File wage reports and pay unemployment compensation contributions online with ACH debit. Third Party Administrators can file electronically and pay through ACH credit. For ACH credit information, please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Pay delinquent contributions online with ACH debit.

Transmit unemployment information separations electronically!

State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) — SIDES is a new web based system that allows electronic transmission of unemployment compensation information requests from unemployment agencies to multi-state employers and/or Third Party Administrators, as well as transmission of replies containing the requested information back to the agencies.

Users with ach debit blocks need to contact their financial institution to inform them of a new company identification number: 1556000814. Payments will appear on your bank statements as WV Treasury.

Important: you will need your Account Number and FEIN to file online.

Enter your account number: The number is preceded by four or five zeroes. You do not have to enter the zeroes when logging in. Note: do not enter dashes. If you enter the dashes, you will receive a message that your number is not found.

FEIN: This is your federal employer identification number. Do not enter dashes.

Search violators list:

Business Name:
Doing Business As/Trading As:
For a list of all employers leave search criteria blank.


Defaulted Accounts

TO ALL POLITICAL SUBDIVISIONS: You may use the Defaulted Accounts listing for licensing and payment purposes.

The information contained in this file is updated weekly from the West Virginia Unemployment Compensation Tax System.

If there are any questions about information in the file, please call 304-558-2451 (Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30) - Unemployment Compensation.

User Login

For access please contact:

Scott Shamblin at 304-558-2676 
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Kelly Mullins at 304-558-2674
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Frequently Asked Questions


How do I register my business to establish a West Virginia Unemployment Compensation account?

You can register online at, complete the Employer’s Initial Statement which can be downloaded on this site under registration forms or contact the Status Determination Unit at 304-558-2677 and the application can be mailed to you.

How do I find out what my rate is?

Information concerning employer contribution rates can be obtained by calling the Contribution Receipts Unit of our Unemployment Compensation Division at 304-558-2676 or 304-558-2233. Most new employers begin with a rate of 2.7%. This rate remains the same for 36 consecutive months ending on June 30. At that time the rate is calculated according to the experience of the account. An employer who acquires an existing business inherits the contribution rate of that account. An out-of-state construction company begins with a rate of 8.5%.

How much do I owe?

Every liable employer in the state is identified by an account number. The amount owed and quarters in which monies are due is based on your particular account. Active employers are reminded on their quarterly report forms if they have a balance due. To obtain information in regard to an outstanding balance, an employer may contact the Compliance and Enforcement Unit at 304-558-2451 or email them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. A breakdown of contributions, penalties and interest can also be provided. In the event the outstanding monies due have been referred to the Legal Services Division for collection, you will be directed to call that division at 304-558-3403.

Can I pay delinquent monies online?

Payments can be made online at

Can the penalty/interest be forgiven?

The Unemployment Compensation Law has no provision for the waiver of penalties or interest.

Where can I get UC forms?

You may obtain registration forms on this website or by calling the Status Determination Unit at 304-558-2677. 

You may obtain quarterly reporting forms on this website or by contacting the Compliance and Enforcement Unit at 304-558-2451 or 304-558-1818.

How do I receive a letter of good standing?

To obtain a letter of good standing you may contact the Compliance & Enforcement unit at 304-558-2451 or by e-mail at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

How do I file an amended return? I overpaid on the Employer Contribution. I failed to deduct the excess wages.

You can make a copy of the original contribution report, change the figures and mark the report amended. Mail this to Unemployment Compensation Division, Contribution Accounting Section, P.O. Box 106, Charleston, WV 25321-0106. If no money is due from the amended return, it may be faxed to 304-558-1324.

What wages are taxable? Are 125 cafeteria contributions included or excluded from taxable wage?

Contributions to a 125 cafeteria plans are considered wages and are reportable on the wage and contribution reports.

Our company is currently paying quarterly State Unemployment Tax by check and we are wondering if there is a possibility to change the payment method to EFT/ACH (credit). If so, please let me know what we need to do, what forms should we send, in order start EFT/ACH (credit) payments.

Payment may be made by check or by ACH debit through our online filing system at  We will be adding ACH credit as a payment type for Third Party Administrators in mid to late 2015.

Where can I find the West Virginia legislative code on Unemployment Compensation?

The legislative code can be found here

If you have additional employer questions, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Wage Reporter

This program will produce the Unemployment Compensation Wage Report as either a printed report or an acceptable diskette.

* This program will NOT create the
Unemployment Compensation Contribution Report *

To begin place cursor over the link that says "Downloading the Wage Report from the Internet" and Right Click.

After installation is complete you will want to install the Bar Code Font using the link below. 

Instructions (Print the instructions and read before downloading the Wage Report.)

Downloading the Wage Reporter Program from the Internet

Wage Reporter Program Manual

Download the Bar Code Font