EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of the State of West Virginia to afford equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and training regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, disability, citizenship, sex or age; and to assure compliance with Section l88(a) of the Workforce Investment Act, as set forth below.
- For the purpose of applying the prohibitions against discrimination on the basis of age under the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 (42 U.S.C. 6101, et. seq.), on the basis of disability under Section 504 of the Reh~bilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.c. 794), on the basis of sex under Title IX of the Education Amendments of . 1972 (20 U.S.C. 1681 et. seq.), or on the basis of race, color, or national origin under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d et. seq.), programs and activities funded or otherwise fmancially assisted in w40le or in part under this Act are considered to be programs and activities and receiving Federal financial assistance.
- No individual shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, subjected to discrimination under, or denied employment in th administration of or in connection with, any such program or activity because of race, color, religion, sex (except as otherwise permitted under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972), national origin, age, disability, or political affiliation or belief.
- Participants shall not be employed under this title to carry out the construction, operation, or maintenance of any part of any facility that is used or to be used for sectarian instruction or as a place for religious worship (except with respect to the maintenance of a facility that is not primarily or inherently devoted to sectarian instruction or religious worship, in a case in which the organization operating the facility is part of a program or activity providing services to participants).
- No person may discriminate against an individual who is a participant in a program or activity that receives funds under this title, with respect to the terms and conditions affecting, or rights provided to, the individual, solely because of the status of the individual as a participant.
- Participation in programs and activities or receiving funds under this title shall be available to citizens and nationals of the United States, lawfully admitted permanent resident aliens, refugees, asylees, and parolees, and other immigrants authorized by the Attorney General to work in the United States.
If you think you have been subjected to discrimination you may file a written complaint within 180 days with the:
WorkForce West Virginia
112 California Avenue
Charleston, West Virginia 25305
Telephone (304) 558-1600
TTY (304) 558-1549
Director, Civil Rights Center (CRC)
U. S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Room N-4l23
Washington, DC, 20210
Telephone (202) 693-6502
TTY (202) 693-6515